About Yes 4 JCPS
When you vote this fall, make sure to vote YES for JCPS.
Louisville voters will decide whether to approve a 7-cent increase in the property tax rate – an extra $70 a year or 20 cents a day for every $100,000 of real estate value.
Voting YES on the ballot initiative will raise $54 million which will allow JCPS to improve resources for all students, especially those who have not gotten a fair share.
What we believe:
- ALL students should have access to quality education.
- Quality education is important for workforce development and economic growth.
- Voting Yes 4 JCPS means more instruction and support for the students who need it most.
- New technology will help kids get a better education.
What is the plan for these funds?
JCPS’ ambitious plan to improve student outcomes is called the JCPS Future State. It’s a five-year initiative designed to:
- reduce the achievement gap by 50%
- raise the proficiency level in reading from 44% to 75%
- raise the proficiency level in math from 35% to 70%.
This initiative represents the first time that a plan of its scope and magnitude will have specific year-over-year funding to effect the changes envisioned. It also includes built-in annual accountability measures to ensure that the investments are paying off.